Hiring the right mold remediation professional creates the difference between a clean, healthy space and one that has reoccurring mold issues. Before hiring a mold specialist to remove mold from your home or business, we at Astrid Environmental Services recommend asking these five questions to any professional you consider. We would be happy to tell you more, so please contact us today!
1. Will you perform an onsite inspection? Every mold situation is different and requires a visual inspection. Be wary of any company that will provide an estimate over the phone without providing an onsite inspection.
2. How does your estimate process work? After your onsite assessment is completed, we will provide you with a detailed report, which includes the inspection findings and recommendations with pictures from your property, the scope of work necessary, and the price associated with the proposed scope.
3. What remediation process does your company use? Mold remediation is a detailed, multi-step process that requires specialized equipment and chemicals. Our team uses commercial-grade equipment, EPA-approved chemicals, and only professional, well-trained staff to complete the work.
4. Will you address the source of moisture that caused the mold? During your initial assessment, we thoroughly inspect your property in order to locate the root cause of your mold issues. We then provide recommendations for addressing the moisture issues that prompted the mold growth. Solutions can involve everything from fixing a leaky roof to installing a dehumidifier within your crawlspace.
5. What happens if I have questions after project completion? After the mold removal process is completed, you should be able to reach the professional who performed the work. Astrid Environmental Services has been serving the local area since 2012, and we plan to remain for years to come. You can always contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.